London (UK) meet-up evening of 23rd April

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

London (UK) meet-up evening of 23rd April

Postby KatherineUK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 am

Dear London McDougallers,

Would anyone be interested in meeting up in the Bayswater area (or thereabouts) on the evening of 23rd April? Two McDougallers from San Francisco will be in town and I think its unfair to ask them to travel over to my place in Tooting from Bayswater (1.5 hours or so on public transport each way). We could meet up somewhere no too far away. Or even have a McDougall potluck somewhere. Does anyone else live not too far away from Bayswater?

Anyone interested?

Any thoughts?

Katherine
:-)
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Re: London (UK) meet-up evening of 23rd April

Postby KatherineUK » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:17 am

bump :-)
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

KatherineUK

Postby f1jim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:19 am

My wife and I are looking forward to seeing any U.K. McDougallers on our trip.
Thanks Katherine
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby KatherineUK » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:51 am

look forward to UK meeting no. 2 (the first was in Oxford as you know)

KatherineUK

Postby FrancesUK » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:54 am

Hi Katherine,

I could meet up in Bayswater on 23rd April. I would be coming from Weybridge via Waterloo. I am not at all familiar with eating places in Bayswater.

Lots of love from Frances
FrancesUK

Postby f1jim » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:27 am

That would be wonderful to see you. Please tell me you are not coming up all the way from the Isle of Wight? That's a heck of a journey.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby FrancesUK » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:19 am

Well, I would probably have started out from the Island, but I do the journey often and stay the night at my son's place in Weybridge. That is just 30 minutes by train from Waterloo Station in London. It will be my grandson's third birthday on 25th April so I would like to be around for that. It was around the time of his birth that I had read the China study and felt really convinced by Colin Campbell's message - so that is three years for me being plant-based.

Regards from Frances
FrancesUK

Postby f1jim » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:20 am

It would be super to see you.
f1jim
f1jim

Postby KatherineUK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:52 am

have just messaged a couple of UK McDougallers. Does anyone have a list they could message me?

Cheers
Katherine

KatherineUK

Postby KatherineUK » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 am

Am now back online at home - laptop malfunction for the last 2 weeks now sorted out. Have found a couple of other UK names and messaged them. Lots of people are away for Easter :-)

KatherineUK

Postby f1jim » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 am

Thanks Katherine. We are very flexible about places to meetup. Whatever works best for you.
I am PMing with info.
f1jim
f1jim

Postby KatherineUK » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Frances and I had a lovely meet-up with Jim and Terri who are setting off on a round-Britain tour first thing in the morning. Such a great evening - the second UK McD meet ... priceless. We had Japanese food at Itadaki Zen:

http://www.itadakizen-uk.com/

Look forward to seeing them - and Frances to I hope - when they get back to London.

Happy!!!!

Katherine
x

KatherineUK

Postby f1jim » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Yes, It was a great meet up with Katherine & Frances. It was a lovely meal with warm hospitable folks that are doing their McDougal thing over in the U.K. I hope we have the chance to reciprocate in California soon. Off to find healthy eating in Wales and Scotland. Couldn't ask for a better start. We get to meet more forum members later in the trip.
We're everywhere. You will be assimilated!
f1jim
f1jim

Postby KatherineUK » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:36 am

f1jim wrote:Yes, It was a great meet up with Katherine & Frances. It was a lovely meal with warm hospitable folks that are doing their McDougal thing over in the U.K. I hope we have the chance to reciprocate in California soon. Off to find healthy eating in Wales and Scotland. Couldn't ask for a better start. We get to meet more forum members later in the trip.
f1jim

resistance is futile :-)

KatherineUK

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:10 pm

KatherineUK wrote:
f1jim wrote:Yes, It was a great meet up with Katherine & Frances. It was a lovely meal with warm hospitable folks that are doing their McDougal thing over in the U.K. I hope we have the chance to reciprocate in California soon. Off to find healthy eating in Wales and Scotland. Couldn't ask for a better start. We get to meet more forum members later in the trip.
f1jim

resistance is futile :-)

Absolutely! My husband and I will be doing a house swap in London around July 25, 2014 for a couple of weeks, then on to Paris. Details TBA, and we would love to meet up with any McDougalers.
Vanilla Orchid

Next

Return to The Lounge