Dr.Esselstyn accident

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dr.Esselstyn accident

Postby alias » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:33 pm

I saw this on Twitter and FB.

"He was recently in a bike accident and sustained a few injuries. He is recovering, but will be just fine."

Some are leaving well wishes on his FB page.
alias

Re: Dr.Esselstyn accident

Postby Debbie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 pm

What's weird is, this was posted on Facebook on the 11th. No one posted about this before now? I commented on it when it was first posted, but forgot cause there was no more posts about it until today. Weird.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 am

I had seen posts on the Engine 2 Facebook after the last immersion of people asking Rip how his father's recuperation was going, and he said the doctor was healing nicely. It was probably announced during the immersion. Another post mentioned he had broken his pelvis (?) in 4 places, but I never saw *how* he broke it. Now I know.
VeggieSue

Postby didi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 am

A broken pelvis (in four places) is hardly a minor injury. Broken in one place is bad enough. Been there, done that. I hope this is not true.

didi
didi

Postby flowerkisser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:09 am

I attended one of Dr. Esselstyn's seminars and his office has written that he is recovering nicely and will be away from the office for 3 months due to a bicycle accident - no other details given.
flowerkisser

Postby Acura » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 am

Speedy recovery to Dr Esselstyn. With so many well wishers and prayers I'm sure he will spring right back. This man's work is going to save many more Dads, mothers, sisters, fathers, husbands from having a heart attack if they don't have one and empower them to live long life after having one. Not an ordinary task by any imagination. This is the only fighting chance and hope if you already have a heart disease.
CC
Acura

Postby eri » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 am

Best wishes for his speedy recovery. I'm sure he will be fine. :-)
eri

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:00 am

Fortunately, he has good strong bones from the way he eats and works out! Best wishes for a speedy and not-too-painful recovery!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby patty » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am

Happy to hear he is recovering and was in good condition when the incident happen. His health will escalate and with it his awareness how he has given health and vitality to so many people and will continue to do so. We all fall into Grace and Life lifts us.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 am

Debbie wrote:What's weird is, this was posted on Facebook on the 11th. No one posted about this before now? I commented on it when it was first posted, but forgot cause there was no more posts about it until today. Weird.

Someone posted this yesterday on McDougall friends & I was thinking I had seen it before. She made it sound like it just happened. If he did break his pelvis, even in 1 spot, that would make sense for him to be out of the office for 3 months. That is certainly not a minor injury.

He looks so good, I am sure it will not slow him down much.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby lamazemama2 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 am

It seems like the extent of his injuries were downplayed at first. For a family in thepublic eye, they pdobably want to have some privacy. So understandable. Praying for his speedy recovery!!
Lisa, mom of 4 great boys (10,8,4, and 1), homemaker and childbirth educator
lamazemama2

Postby RebusCannebus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 pm

lamazemama2 wrote:It seems like the extent of his injuries were downplayed at first. For a family in the public eye, they probably want to have some privacy.
Either that, or they don't want word to get out that an 80-year-old guy was drafting behind an 18-wheeler at 60 mph when things suddenly went south. And no, I'm not trying to make light of something serious; I'm very much marveling at what he was doing when he went down. Dr. Esselstyn occupies a special place in my heart.
Best wishes for a speedy and not-too-painful recovery!

+1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Peter
RebusCannebus

Postby AnnaSpanna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery too.
He's going to heal a lot better than most folks in his age group, that's for sure. :)
AnnaSpanna

Postby felisnondomesticus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:35 pm

>RebusCannebus: "And no, I'm not trying to make light of something serious; I'm very much marveling at what he was doing when he went down."

My Dad's uncle was roofing his house at the age of 88, lost his balance and fell off. He died the next day from his injuries. But still; re-roofing your house when you're 88??!! Until I started this WOE, I never thought I would even be mobile at 78, let alone 88!!
Congratulations! Today is ur day; ur off to Great Places, ur off & away! You have brains in your head... & can steer urself any direction you choose...Oh, the Places You'll Go!

felisnondomesticus

Postby patty » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 pm

RebusCannebus wrote:
lamazemama2 wrote:It seems like the extent of his injuries were downplayed at first. For a family in the public eye, they probably want to have some privacy.
Either that, or they don't want word to get out that an 80-year-old guy was drafting behind an 18-wheeler at 60 mph when things suddenly went south. And no, I'm not trying to make light of something serious; I'm very much marveling at what he was doing when he went down. Dr. Esselstyn occupies a special place in my heart.
Best wishes for a speedy and not-too-painful recovery!

+1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope this isn't true because it would make people question his thinking.

Aloha, patty
patty

Next

Return to The Lounge