Rano, I would like to ask a few questions and make a few suggestions. Keep in mind that few of us here are medically trained. We are laymen who in some cases have experience with similar problems and were able to solve the problems with diet changes.
I had colitis, which has symptoms similar to Crohn's Disease, according to what I have told by one CD sufferer. Here is my story: http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/burgess_laughlin.html
See the second link under my signature for a link to my weblog describing all the details anyone could want.
First, could you provide more information?
- How old is your father?
- What is his body mass index?
- Does he smoke?
- How much alcohol does he drink?
- Does he drink coffee or tea?
- How much time passes between eating a bad food and a run to the bathroom?
- What form of test of each food did he use? (If he is eating a whole dinner, how does he know which food triggered the run to the restroom x hours later?)
- Do "good" foods happen to be foods he loves and "bad" foods happen to be foods he doesn't like to eat anyway?
- Is your father eager to get rid of his Crohn's disease and is he desperate to try anything -- with full consistency and commitment -- to get rid of it? Is he willing to give up his favorite foods and drinks in order to achieve health?