mcdougall's new book"the Starch Solution" when available?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

mcdougall's new book"the Starch Solution" when available?

Postby chewy » Tue May 18, 2010 8:50 pm

i am so keen to buy and read dr. mcdougall's new book 'the starch solution".when will it be released and ready to buy?
thank you,
chewy:)
chewy

Book Update

Postby John McDougall » Wed May 19, 2010 8:52 am

I have taken this 6 weeks in May and June to finish the book. I have a great editor working with me now. My plan is to have the book ready for a publisher to look at by June 11, 2010.

After that, the process takes 6 to 12 months to get to the stores.

However, I believe the timing is right.

I also watched "One Nation, Overweight" on CNBC last night. My take was that the problem is well understood, but not the solution.

No program (personal or national) will succeed until the starch solution is understood and practiced. The truth is simple and easy to explain. The first chapter of the book is here: http://drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl/feb/starch.htm

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Re: mcdougall's new book"the Starch Solution" when available?

Postby kirstykay » Wed May 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks for the "Sneek Peek!"
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby merriweather » Wed May 19, 2010 8:37 pm

How can we thank you enough for all you freely give.
I have gone to so many web sites offering advice. THey always ask for money.
You give so much for free. Of course , you have things for sale, but the entire program is available FREE> hard to believe.
Plus, your plan actually works. How good is this!!
Thank You again.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby HealthFreak » Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 am

Dr McDougall,

I hope that you are able to offer the book in Kindle format and audio format in order to reach the largest audience. I'm sure you know more about the economics of publishing books this way, but millions of us today love the new media for consuming books.
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau
HealthFreak

Postby Nancy O » Fri May 21, 2010 4:22 pm

I agree! I'd love to have ALL the McDougall books stored in digital format for the Amazon Kindle or Barnes & Noble Nook. I love to re-read them from time to time.
Nancy O

Postby merriweather » Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Oh, heaven , that would be. I am always talking to people in stores etc about McDougall. Can you just see how sweet it would be to have ALL the books on a Kindle or other , and be able to just pop it out and have the answers. Oh, well. So far I don't have a reader.
Any ideas which is best, by the way.?
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby ncyg46 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 pm

i also would love to have books in electronic format....real books take up too much room in the rv and I share my couch with my everyday books. I have books by the bed...some older ones like Laurel's Kitchen and also the Laurel Bread book which I refuse to get rid of in the storage shed....and then one bin of books on the couch so I share it. I can sit there but forget lying down on it!!!!! :D I would love an Ipad someday! a looonnggg time from now! :D
ncyg46

Postby merriweather » Fri May 21, 2010 11:53 pm

I too lust after an I pad. Hopefully they will work out all the bugs before I am even in the ball park to buy one. Dreams are good.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby MTeehan » Sat May 22, 2010 11:07 am

I'd like the convenience of an e-book too. BUT, one day I'm hoping to get the good Doctor to sign ALL my McD books since they are actually the basis of the new life I now have. I'm very fortunate to have a signed (by Mary) McDougall Plan for Women.
BTW: Does anyone have a 'sony reader'. Someone mentioned they are much cheaper and just as good as Kindle. True?
See how Dr. McDougall's Plan saved my life and gave me an optimistic outlook on my future here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4V2Zo3xEIw

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Qs2zt/]
MTeehan

Postby ncyg46 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:31 pm

MTeehan wrote:I'd like the convenience of an e-book too. BUT, one day I'm hoping to get the good Doctor to sign ALL my McD books since they are actually the basis of the new life I now have. I'm very fortunate to have a signed (by Mary) McDougall Plan for Women.
BTW: Does anyone have a 'sony reader'. Someone mentioned they are much cheaper and just as good as Kindle. True?

Hmmmm...my copy of that book is signed also but can't really read the signature!
ncyg46

Postby vgnwitch » Sat May 22, 2010 2:05 pm

ncyg46 wrote:...some older ones like Laurel's Kitchen and also the Laurel Bread book which I refuse to get rid of in the storage shed....

I have two copies of Laurel's Kitchen: the original little reddish-brown paperback that was first published in 1976, and the bigger New Laurel's Kitchen, published in 1986. I still cook from them [with a bit of tweaking]. I also have the Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book and it's my all-time favourite bread baking resource.

I have a special place in my heart for Laurel and Co. They were with me, holding my hand, during my first foray into vegetarianism many, many years ago. :)
When you trust your television, what you get is what you got. 'Cause when they own the information, they can bend it all they want. ~ John Mayer
vgnwitch

Postby HealthFreak » Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 pm

MTeehan wrote:

All of the reviews that I've read say that the Sony reader is a distant third compared to the Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook. The Nook is rated as the best. I have a Kindle and I really like it. My opinion, don't get the Sony reader.

I also have an iPad. The e-ink used in the kindle and the Nook is easier on the eyes than the iPad LCD screen, when it comes to reading books.
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau
HealthFreak

Postby ncyg46 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:44 pm

how is the Ipad?
I have the old Laurels Kitchen and Bread books...oh an also the Jewish-American cookbook which I really have to veganize but I still won't get rid of them!
I gave my daughter the Culinary Arts Cookbook that i used to have and I miss that one...like she is ever going to cook! That was like a bible of cooking! The one I miss the most is my old copy (1938) of the Old Settlement Cookbook that my mother gave me. Couldn't cook much from it but oy...the recipes!!!!!!!! The darn think was taped and falling apart from being so old. My sister "borrowed" my mothers handwritten cookbook and I never saw it again and now we don't talk much so once in a while I ask for an old recipe and sometimes she answers. Sucks when family doesn't talk anymore from old stuff but that is the way it is. I still love my knipfles and sauerkrat that I used to make so I made some veggie seitan sausages and want to make it again soon but I will try it with the flaxseed for the eggs.

the recipe is
2 eggs(need to try flaxseed in it)
1/4 cup milk (substitute)
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt

drop them in boiling water till they float and add to the sauerkraut and slice up the veggie sausages instead of polish keilbasa ( :( ) :D
Gonna try it soon, just not that hungry lately!
ncyg46

Postby ptaj » Sun May 23, 2010 10:14 am

I have a nook and love it. I was curious about the format of the electronic books on this site. I can load pdf's on my nook really easily, but I haven't tried anything else.
ptaj

Next

Return to The Lounge